Tips of Hair Extensions Care And Maintenance
If you want to keep your Hair Extensions lustrous,be sure to care your hair extensions careful.
So let’s do as the following:
- Do not scrub hair when shampooing or conditioning. Condition and detangle the hair from mid-strand to the ends. Avoid the scalp area.
- Do not shampoo for 48-72 hours after the hair extensions are completed, or after any maintenance sessions.
- Use blow dryers on the lowest heat setting. The cool air setting is preferable. Do not use a forceful air setting when using the blow dryer.
- Wrap hair with a towel to dry. Do not rub hair with the towel.
- Before going to bed, protect the hair by pulling it back into a ponytail or bun to prevent tangling during sleep.
- Always use the hair extensions manufacturer recommended products and never use products that contain acetone, alcohol or sulphur.
- Some hair extensions manufacturers approve of using hot rollers and curling irons as long as the wearer avoids using them near the bonds. Check before using.
- Brush hair with a looped brush several times a day, starting at the nape and working upwards. Never us a wide-toothed comb or attempt to remove tangles from hair ends. Be sure not to use a comb in the area between scalp and the extension bonds.
- Other conditions and guidelines may be specified by the hair extensions manufacturer. We recommend that you follow these specifications in order to extend the life and prevent damage to your hair extensions.
- Swimming pool chemicals and seawater weaken keratin bonds.
- Before swimming, wet the hair completely in the shower, put the hair in a bun and cover with a bathing cap. After swimming, rinse hair immediately and dry the base area.